IMPORTANT: In order to access an Exchange shared mailbox, the manager of the shared mailbox must have granted you permission to it using the Manage Group Membership button on the Online Toolkit. If the shared mailbox has just recently been created, please wait at least two hours before you use these instructions to setup access to it.
- In Entourage 2008, select the Tools menu and then Accounts
- In the window that appears, double-click on your Exchange account to open it.
- Click the Delegate tab. In the section named Users I am a delegate for, click the Add… button.
- The Select User window will appear. Type in the name of the shared mailbox in the text box and click the Find button. Select the desired user from the search result list that appears and click OK.
In this example, we are connecting to the shared mailbox named synergy:
- Click OK again to close the accounts window. After a short period of time that shared mailbox will appear as a folder in the View list on the left side.
Sending a mail message
You will be able to send and receive mail messages using the shared mailbox as you would your own mail messages. However, when creating a brand new message, be sure to specify the shared mailbox account as the sender on the From: line using the pop-down menu:
Removing a shared mailbox from view
If you have previously connected to shared mailbox and no longer want to see it or no longer have proper access to it:
- Open Entourage 2008 and from the Edit menu, select Accounts.
- In the window that appears, double-click on your Exchange account.
- Click the Delegate tab. In the section named Users I am a delegate for, select the shared mailbox in the list and click the Remove button. Click OK when done.
- The shared mailbox will no longer appear as a folder in the View list on the left side.